Stay in touch with the rest of the German Club through live text chat
Join our club and subscribe to event postings and organization updates
I started at KSU in 2018. I am a Secondary Math Education Major and a German Studies Minor. I grew up in Germany and moved to the US in 2012. As of 2020 I am the German Club President and Co-president for the National German Honor Society.
I started at Kennesaw in 2017, I'm a History Major with a German Minor. I lived in Hong Kong for four years. I started learning German in College, as of 2020 I am the German Club Vice president, and the Co-President of the German honors society. I have been fortunate enough to do two study abroad experiences with KSU.
I started at KSU in the summer of 2017, and my Major is German - Applied Business with a certificate in the fundamentals of Business. I will be going this summer on my first internship and my second maymester in Germany with KSU and will always cherish the opportunities and experiences that were given.
You are invited to apply for membership in Kennesaw State University’s Upsilon Alpha chapter of the National German Honor Society Delta Phi Alpha if you have met the following criteria:
• Sophomore Status
• Modern Language and Culture/German Studies major or minor
• Currently enrolled in an upper-level German Studies course
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
• Completed a minimum of 30 hours of German Studies related community engagement
• Continued interest in the study of German language, literature, and culture
• Commitment to KSU’s German Studies program as participant in curricular and extra-curricular opportunities
• Ability to attend the induction ceremony in person
If you meet above criteria and would like to apply, please send the following to Sabine Smith email@example.com. Deadline is Monday September 14, 2020.
1. Aa reflection on your experiences with and commitment to the study of German language and culture in and outside of class (one page maximum)
2. A resumé
3. Documentation of your community engagement hours (not necessary if you participated in a German Studies study-/work-abroad experience)
Once your application has been reviewed and accepted, your financial obligations are $35 for chapter fees, an honor cord for graduation and a Delta Phi Alpha pin, and a lifetime membership. The induction ceremony will be held during German Culture Week on the Kennesaw Campus. For more information, please see Delta Phi Alpha’s website or contact chapter advisor Dr. Sabine Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Delta Phi Alpha offers several scholarships to recognize and support high-achieving Delta Phi Alpha undergraduate students and after your induction you will be eligible to apply. Delta Phi Alpha’s scholarship application deadlines are each year on March 15th and November 15th. Additionally, the KSU German Studies program will consider Upsilon Alpha membership as part of numerous distinguishing criteria when determining eligibility for competitive program selection in both domestic and international grant-funded opportunities.