Portrait of a Major
Resources for Learning
Approaching Your Courses
Beyond the Classroom
Conversation and Pop Culture
German Honor Society
Peer Buddy Program
The Heart of Europe
Study Abroad in Münster
Study Abroad in Paderborn
Expanding Your Horizons
Intern in Germany
Jobs in Germany
Bee the Buzz
Energy Posters & Film
Study Abroad Forum
Portrait of a German Studies Major
Kennesaw Alumnus - German Studies
Mason Kane '20 shares his experiences with German at Kennesaw State University.More info on KSU German: https://kennesaw.deFollow Mason: https://www.linkedin...
Skills and Knowledge
What skills and knowledge can students realistically expect to gain in the KSU German program? Based on past experience, at graduation most successful German majors can:
- negotiate the demands of daily life in a German-speaking country.
- socialize and hold informal conversations with native German speakers.
- use German successfully in some formal and professional settings and use specialized vocabulary related to their interests.
- express their opinions and make coherent, persuasive arguments in German.
- communicate with enough grammatical accuracy that errors do not present an obstacle.
- locate resources to help perfect their spoken and written German over time.
- read German texts and use German media with good comprehension.
- interpret works of German literature and understand their relations to German culture.
- understand the basics of German cultural history and important cultural differences between German-speaking countries and the United States.
- feel prepared to use German in many professional settings.
To achieve these goals, students must play an active role in their educations and take advantage of the full range of available opportunities.